By exploring past experiences, On the Record helps reimagine what’s possible in the present and future. Our projects unite people from different generations and walks of life; working together, we learn from each other, connecting ‘what has happened’ with ‘what could be’.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation guided by co-operative principles, co-founded by Rosa Schling and Laura Mitchison in 2012. Together with hundreds of people, we’ve co-produced numerous innovative projects capturing the capital’s untold stories.
If you like what we do and you’d like to help secure our future, please consider supporting our work.
By giving us a one-off donation, or by donating £5+ a month as a Friend of On the Record, your generosity could help us become financially self-sufficient and sustainable. We would be able to continue:
- offering support to marginalised people to record their stories;
- providing free opportunities for people from underrepresented backgrounds to engage with creative heritage and gain skills;
- giving free advice to community groups;
- maintaining and preserving a decade’s worth of our work, by assuring the continuity of our online archives and appropriate storage of our audio recordings, books, exhibitions and artworks;
- sharing our insights and the lived experiences of our oral history narrators with health, care and public policy professionals to help shape current and future healthcare and public services.